In our fast-paced modern world, it is common for people to get tired. They feel very exhausted the entire day. Last year I also felt that there is tiredness in my body. Even after getting enough sleep, I used to feel sleepy throughout the day. There was extreme fatigue and exhaustion in the body. Which was also affecting the work and productivity. Then I realized How to Stop being tired all the time?
One way to get rid of any problem is to find out what is causing it. If you find out the cause and fix them, then the problem itself gets fixed. I will share with you the causes which are almost the reason for fatigue of most of the people and the solutions which I implemented myself and I got better results. Many people also have problems due to medical conditions, but I will not talk about that. It is better to discuss it with a doctor.
Why you feel tired all the time?
There are some causes for your tiredness and the solutions of each cause.
1. Poor Diet and Timing of Diet
The biggest part of your health is your diet. That is, your overall health depends on your diet. Whether it is physical health or mental. Digestive system uses the energy of the body to digest whatever you eat. The heavier the diet, the more energy will be consumed. Now you will say that energy also comes from eating food. yes, but by light and healthy food.
The second reason is the timing of the meal. Most of the people go to sleep just after having diner. Most of our body’s energy is restored by sleeping. But the energy that should have been restored was spent in digesting the heavy food. Digestion system take 3 to 4 hours in digestion. So, during sleeping your digestion remain busy in digesting your food.
It’s exactly the same way as you charge your mobile phone but playing game on simultaneously, then the phone will be charged late. Eating heavy at night and sleeping just after eat is the biggest cause of fatigue. This is the reason, even after getting enough sleep, there is tiredness throughout the day.
Your body is made up of 80% water. So it needs that much water in the diet as well. Do you think you take water rich food in your diet? Most people do not take water-rich food in their diet. Due to which the body does not get proper nutrition.
The easiest way to overcome fatigue or tiredness is to make adjustments to your diet. Eating a healthy and balanced diet can make a difference in how you feel in the world. You will feel better if you make some important changes.
- Keep at least 3 to 4 hours time between eating and sleeping.
- Never take heavy diet at night. It is believed that breakfast should be eaten like a king, lunch like a normal person and dinner like a beggar.
- Take water rich food in your diet like fruits, green vegetables etc. So, that body gets enough water as much as it needs.
- Drink enough water. Drinking water can help prevent dehydration, which results in fatigue, unclear thinking, and mood changes.
2. Mental Stress
Many things can cause mental stress like work, financial problems, relationship issues, major life events, and many more things. Your mental stress drain your lot of energy. Mental stress increases due to excessive thinking and cause anxiety. If you are feeling pain somewhere in the body and feeling more tired then it can also be anxiety which is due to mental stress.
- Practice deep breathing exercise daily. Whenever you feel any stress or anxiety take a deep breathe hold and exhale.
- Practice daily meditation and take time out for exercise.
- Do mind detoxification. For that read more on mind detoxification.
3. Lack of sleep
According to The American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the Sleep Research Society, people ages 18 to 60 need 7 or more hours of sleep each day to promote optimal health. Sleeping less than the recommended hours each night not only leads to fatigue, poor performance and a higher risk of accidents, but also has adverse health consequences.
- Take proper sleep atleast 7 hour a day and never eat just before sleep as I told above.
- Do not watch anything negative just before sleep. Follow a Sleep routine.
- Take power nap of 10 minutes in afternoon time. 10 minutes power nap energised your body.
4. Sedentary Lifestyle
In today’s time, increasing confort is also the reason for fatigue. Staying in AC all day, working sitting in one place, negligible movement is also the reason for this tiredness.
- Walk and take break in between work.
- Spend sometime with nature and take breath in open environment.
- Make exercise and meditaion part of your lifestyle.
5. Too much use of mobile phone
Too much use of mobile phone and more engaging with social also cause tiredness all the time. It cause mental stress and drain lot of energy.
- Avoid mobile phone. Use only when needed.
- Spend less time on social media.
- Read books and blogs instead of using so much mobile phone.
Start with small changes. Try it for a few days and believe me you will experience very good changes. If still does not help then consult your doctor.
Read also Kaizen Technique: Change for the Better, Ichigyo-Zammai: The Practice of full Concentration, The Power of Proper Breathing